On the Acoustic Neuroma Friends Facebook page, we asked what items one should pack up to take to the hospital for surgery. Following are the suggestions:
- A sleeping mask to block out light
- One ear plug (or two if you still have hearing in both ears) - hospitals can be soooo noisy.
- Pajamas (2 pairs) with a button front top and with wide sleeves to accommodate IV lines.
- Slippers with non-skid soles and which will stay securely on your feet. Not scuffie type.
- Recharging plugs for your electronic devices. Bring a long cord.
- Hard candies to suck - many people complained about dry throat.
- Hand lotion
- Lip balm
- Normal grooming items: deodorant, hairbrush, toothpaste, toothbrush.
- Box of chocolates or candies for nurses. They will really appreciate it.
- Glasses with one temple removed (so it doesn't interfere with bandages).
- Sunglasses, preferably wrap-around for the ride home.
- Make sure you have nice clean sheets to slip into when you get home.
- Everybody should have one of these T-shirts:
|R E Henkel Brem. Brain Surgery Survivor. Picture from Acoustic Neuroma Friends Facebook page.|